Want more insight into the historical and social context of the life and times of Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle?
We've compiled some resources for audiences to get a closer look at the world in which the events of Lost Laughs: The Slapstick Tragedy of Fatty Arbuckle took place. Check back to this page often, as more resources will be added.
- Learn more about the real life Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle over at Smithsonian.com with this article about the infamous court case and this article about Arbuckle's legacy as a comedian. [contains show spoilers]
- Attend our special post-show discussion Women's Rights, Prohibition, and the Fall of Fatty on March 1. Visit mrt.org/specialevents for more info.
- Read reports from our Cohorts about the process of bringing Fatty to the stage on our blog, mrtbackstage.wordpress.com. For information about our Cohort program, visit mrt.org/cohort-club.
- To see Fatty Arbuckle's work on film, visit youtube.com/arbuckle.
- Learn more about the social and political climate in the Bay Area during the 1920s with this episode on the decade from KRON-TV.
- Watch our Facebook Live Q&A with playwright and actor Aaron Muñoz or read the transcript here.