Date Posted: October 10, 2017
Merrimack Repertory Theatre (MRT) is currently seeking a Marketing Associate with a strong focus on organization, project management, and content development to work in the company’s marketing department. MRT is a LORT-D professional theatre company located in Lowell, MA (30 miles northwest of Boston) that produces seven plays during the September – May season with a focus on new play development.
The Marketing Associate will be an active member of the marketing department responsible for promoting subscription and ticket sales, as well as defining and protecting the organization’s brand. The Marketing Associate will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to execute a strategy for increasing ticket sales, particularly with audience engagement initiatives, social media, and promotions.
This is a full-time, year-round position that reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
An ideal candidate will have the passion, knowledge, and initiative to take ownership of managing and executing marketing strategies, as well as provide general support for the overall marketing goals. We are looking for a self-starter with a background in or an interest to learn more about arts marketing.
Specific duties will include:
• Assisting the Director of Marketing with the build and maintenance of department calendars and managing project timelines
• Managing MRT’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and staying up-to-date on best practices for each platform
• Managing all email marketing on Constant Contact, including weekly eblasts and special promotions
• Developing content and write copy for MRT blog and educational PlayGuides for student matinees
• Coordinating and promoting audience engagement initiatives such as Ladies Night, Military and Educator Discounts, Free Child Care performances, and more
• Developing and maintaining cross-promotional opportunities with local businesses and organizations
• Developing and executing a strategy for postcard distribution
• Providing general support to the marketing department
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities with a strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet goals and timelines.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, both as part of a collaborative group and independently.
• Strong communication skills including experience writing for a variety of purposes
• Experience with arts or non-profit organizations preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Theatre, English, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook required; familiarity with CMS systems and Google Analytics preferred.
Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Some evening or weekend work will also be required and scheduled in advance.
Commensurate with experience. Includes benefits.
Apply by October 25. Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line including MARKETING ASSOCIATE. No phone calls please. MRT is an equal opportunity employer.