Part-Time Development Associate (25 hours per week)
The Development Associate (DA) serves as a key member of Merrimack Repertory Theatre (MRT)’s development team and works closely with the Director of Development; responsible for providing general support for the development department. The primary tasks of this role includes managing special events and the department’s calendar.
Duties and responsibilities
70% Event Management
- Design and execute development events including (but not limited to):
- Producer’s Circle events
- Super Subscriber events
- Prospect events
- Season Announcement
- Annual Gala
- Christmas Basket Raffle
- Working with development director, executive director, Trustees and Friends of MRT with active prospect lists to decide on appropriate invitees for each event
- Secure in-kind contributions for the event
- Prepare event including guest list, name tags, collecting RSVP’s, setting up/take down event
- Work with appropriate staff across the organization
15% Development Calendar Management
- Designing and maintaining department calendar that includes (but aren’t limited to):
- All grant deadlines
- Events dates
- Solicitation Mailings dates
15% Liaison to Board of Trustees and Friends of MRT
- Support for the Board of Trustees including scheduling meetings with Executive Director and/or Director of Development, organizing and disseminating materials, and taking minutes for the Development Committee
- Participate in department and company-wide projects, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director and/or Director of Development
- Well-organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills and comfort level and proven success with telephone solicitations
- Demonstrated organizational skills and capacity to deal with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in non-profit fundraising required, personal or professional background in the arts preferred
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of Merrimack Repertory Theatre across teams and share that knowledge with current and potential subscribers and donors
- Strong sense of ethical conduct, and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters, including those relating to sensitive donor relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with a donor patron database, AudienceView a plus
Schedule to be determined with supervisor.
Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. Evening and weekend work will be required as dictated by events, fundraising initiatives, and meetings.
- Requires someone to sit and stand for long periods of time
Requires the ability to lift and carry heavy objects (usually between 20-50 pounds) on a periodic basis
Manages interns and volunteers as needed
How To Apply:
Please send an email with a cover letter and resume (in Word Document or PDF format) attached to email@example.com. Include Development Associate and your last name in the subject line.
August 05, 2019
About this Organization:
Merrimack Repertory Theatre, founded in 1979, is a professional theatre company based in Lowell, Massachusetts. We operate as a member of the League of Resident Theatres, with collective bargaining agreements with Actors Equity Association, United Scenic Artists, and the Society of Stage Directors & Choreographers. MRT is a Constituent of Theatre Communications Group, the national organization for the non-profit American theatre. We produce a 7-play season, with performances from September through May.