Company Manager | Seasonal
Merrimack Repertory Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre located in Lowell, MA, is seeking a Seasonal Company Manager for 2021-2022 season. This position will work closely with the Artistic Director, Production Manager, and AEA Stage Managers to ensure the safety, hospitality, and organization of cast and crew.
All MRT employees are expected to embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan tenet of modeling Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and equitable institution across all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual and gender identities.
Position: Company Manager; average 25 hours a week
Employment dates: August 1, 2021 – May 1, 2022
1. Arranges and books travel for Guest Artists from arrival to departure. Creates travel itinerary to share with artists and company.
2. Supervisor for onsite Artist Housing including coordinating outside professional cleaning service, outside maintenance vendors, and monitoring condition of the units.
3. Contracts all AEA employees and owns the completion of AEA based paperwork and report outs.
4. Maintains Company Management seasonal budget.
5. Maintains MRT Company vehicle.
6. Assists with planning of Company events.
7. Working with Artistic Director and Executive Director, implement procedures should an emergency arise.
8. Assist in the day-to-day responsibilities as it pertains to company management for Artistic and Production teams.
Above all else, MRT is seeking an individual who is willing to embrace Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s expectation of being a valuable team player, as well as those who are willing to help assure the highest possible safety measures. MRT strives toward becoming an Anti-Racist organization. We value an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups.
Job Requirements: valid driver’s license, ability to lift 50 pounds
The Company Manager reports to MRT’s Artistic Director.
Pay rate: 23 per hour/average 25 hours a week/Seasonal 8/1/21-5/1/22
To apply, please send letter and CV to Artistic Director Courtney Sale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Please include your last name and Company Manager in the subject of the email. We ask that you share with us in your letter what excites you about the position as well as your approach to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Antiracism.