Director of Development
Merrimack Repertory Theatre (MRT) seeks a Director of Development to join our team. Located in Lowell, MA and dedicated to new works, MRT produces a season of seven plays from September through May. MRT is also committed to education and community engagement. The Director of Development is responsible for $1.5 million in contributed income. She/he/they creates and executes a comprehensive development strategy including individual and Trustee giving, foundation relations, government funding, and corporate support. The director works closely with the executive director and artistic director, and is a member of the senior staff. S/he/they serves as a key point of contact for Trustees, major donors, corporate sponsors, and foundation partners. The ideal candidate will highly motivated with front-line fundraising experience and a track record of creating successful development programs. MRT is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Merrimack Repertory Theatre (MRT) in Lowell, MA, seeks a Marketing Associate to assist with the creation and execution of marketing, communications and engagement campaigns designed to drive demand for the theatre’s seven-play season, which focuses on the development of new works.
• Manage print and media campaigns, including the development, execution and distribution of collateral materials (print, email and digital media)
• Write, edit and schedule content for a variety of platforms and projects, including brochures, study guides, the playbill and the website
• Track and maintain budgets, pricing guides and revenue reports
• Maintain relationships and manage cross-promotional opportunities with community and civic partners, media sponsors and vendors
• Assist with community engagement and press events/attend performances when necessary (some nights and weekends required)
• Other tasks as assigned
• Three years of related experience with a concentration in the non-profit arts, culture or entertainment, preferred
• Strong computer skills, especially with Excel, email platforms, CMS software and CRM/ticketing systems
• Excellent writing skills, ability to write for multiple platforms
• Ability to juggle multiple marketing and engagement projects with strong attention to detail; a commitment to goals and timelines; and the ability to manage overlapping ventures in a demanding environment
The Marketing Associate position is an hourly, part-time position (30 hours a week), beginning in August. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. MRT is a professional, LORT D theatre 30 miles northwest of Boston. MRT is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. MRT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line MARKETING ASSOCIATE – (YOUR LAST NAME). Application deadline: July 18. No phone calls, please.